Food and nutrition
- Recalls and safety alerts
- Eating Well with Canada's Food Guide
- My Food Guide
- Food safety
- Safe internal cooking temperatures
- Food safety for pregnant women
- Percent daily value (%DV)
- Food safety information for children ages 5 and under
- Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator
- List of Permitted Preservatives (Lists of Permitted Food Additives)
Services and information
Canada’s food guides, tips for healthy eating and food safety. Nutrition for different ages and stages in life.
How to understand food labels. Recent changes to food labelling. Industry requirements.
Food recalls and how Canada monitors food-borne illness. The causes of food poisoning.
Common food allergies and how to avoid a reaction. Food intolerances and celiac disease.
How to meet standards for imports, exports, production, packaging, and distribution. Catering, restaurants and retail.
How to assess and plan healthy diets. How Canada measures and reports on food security. Data on nutrient values.
What we are doing
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: